[T3] UPDATE: Smoke, Loss of Power...

Zippy Update:

It seems that zippy was really flooding (with something)?  I finally got
portions of the Bentley's book photocopied and I started diagnosing the
problem with the FI system (since I just did the tune up, I'm assuming
that the ignition system is ok, for now).

While I was testing out the idle speed settings, the problem started
reappeared.  This time, however, after shutting off the engine, I was
not able to restart it immediately.  I noticed that there was white
smoke AND gas (or some sort of fluid) coming out of the tailpipe as if
the engine was completely flooded.

After waiting for ten minutes or so, zippy was able start up again
without problem, but zippy was unable to start immediately after the
incident.

So far I've tuned her up, checked the pressure sensor, adjusted the
valves etc.  I'm not losing any oil (or if so, too little to be
noticed), but it really seems odd that fluid would be coming out of the
exhaust pipe given how hot the exhaust is.

Given this and the helpful feedback from y'all, I figured the problem
might be ignition related.  I rechecked all the points, wires,
distributor and cap and they seem ok, but I did notice that the
generator reads 12.65 volts at 1000 rpm idle, but gets as high as 14.1V.
Is that normal?  My alternator vehicles generate a more constant 14
volts at any engine speed.

Jim had mentioned the fuel overflow hose and water contamination as a
possibility as well.  Mine was broken and leaking gas when turning
right.  Unfortunately, I replaced this part about a month ago (4 tanks
of gas or so ago), but the problem still seems to be occurring.  If the
problem were fuel contamination, would I need to drain the tank or would
the problem generally clear up over time as the water-contaminated fuel
gets used?

Any ideas or next steps?
Thanks,
Wade