[T3] Was Fender Removal...Now...Turn Signals

> > I have to remove and replace my fenders soon and I have no body working
> > skills or experience. Any advice before I start? Is it pretty straight
> > forward as in Bentley, just removing the bolts etc? What about the plugs
> > and wires to the headlights, do I have to cut these? Thanks.

Ok I got the light wires etc out without cutting, no problem. However, now I
shot myself in the foot. I put the fender back on with just one or two bolts
to get it to the body shop. I also decided to hook up the turn signals just
for saftey's sake. However, I must have crossed a wire, only one side was
working. So I looked at the diagram I drew and reconnected the wires, now
none of the turn signals work. The emergency flasher works so the relay is
good, the fuse is also fine, what gives? Did I some how blow my signal
switch at the steering column? Help?
Jason Smith
'72 Fastback
'97 Jetta