Re: [T3] Will This Bumper Mount Tow assembly work ?

On Sat, 2002-07-27 at 21:23, John Fischer wrote:
> Russ-
> a 2 wheel dolly is too expensive for me to rent for a 3 week period. And my
> square is 100% rust free never had any exposure to moisture being a colorado
> car and not being driven in the winter it is absolutely 100% completely free
> from any rust at all, none, zilch, zero, zippo.
>
> what is your advice knowing that? I really want you to tell me its OK.
>
> john

I still wouldn't tow from the bumper. On a '69, there are only 2 8mm
bolts on each side. If there is any way, I would tow from the axle beam
then.
You might try to adapt that JC Whitney towbar to the axle. Have a
welding shop make something up for you.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)