Re: [T3] FI problems... of course

On 25 Jul 2002, at 20:46, Richard Steinburg wrote:

> For sure the injectors are firing continuosly. I took the injectors out and
> tested them. They all work fine except for the clogged up cold start
> injector. When i hook up the voltmeter to the injector wires I get 12v. I
> really think something is strange here... hmm, should I just change the FI
> to CIS? lol

> You know, I tested the relay out of the car and it works. When I hook it up
> in the car though it doesn't work. I think it has something to do with the
> wires at terminals 85 (ground via computer) and 86 (power via main realay)
> on the fuel pump relay. The wire from the main relay gives out 12v when I
> ground it on the chasis. I checked the wire from terminal 85 to pin 23 on
> the computer, and it is good. Still trying to figure this out.

I'm thinking that this ECU must be fried. I don't know any other way this
could all happen. I assume that when you turn the key ON, you hear the
main relay click, but you don't hear the second click ~1 second later.

I would wait for the manual, then check out all the wiring to make sure that it
is correct before trying a different brain. Otherwise you might just fry a
second brain.

You could remove the plug and look down in this brain. Does it look or smell
burned?