[T3] Odometer / Trip Meter Intermittent

Hi list,

Since I have had my Fastback, the odometer and trip meter only work
intermittently. It seems to go for maybe 10 miles or so, then stop and start
up again in a few days, all the while the speedo part works fine.

I suspect that the right most wheel is no longer attached to the axle as it
should be and is spinning freely, like I have had on a couple of my Beetles.
Which wheel should be fixed though? Should it be the one on the trip meter
or on the odometer?

I think it could have been 'fixed' before because there are marks on the
trim around the face where somebody has been levering at it, possibly it
could have been damaged by the same person at the same time.

TIA,
Ben Doughney

'75 1200L
'63 1200 - Ringo