Re: [T3] Possible red dash Fasty

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 14:14, Steven Ayres wrote:
> RussW=> Seeing as how they didn't make fastbacks in '65..
>
> That's probably the source of confusion, because of course they *did* make
> Fastys in '65 -- starting in August, of course, with the beginning of the
> '66 model year. Titles usually show first registration or build date rather
> than model year.

Then the State involved screwed up, because each vehicle comes from the
factory with an MSO (Manufacturers Certificate of Origin). The state
should be using THAT to determine the model year. I think that anyone
that has a '66 Fastback should seriously consider checking it's
ancestry. It may have had some VIN numbers changed at sometime.
If anyone has a parts book, this could settle the question. They would
be listed in the parts book. The first '66's would have been made in
august 1965.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)