[T3] Brakes pulling

I am having an odd problem with my brakes.  Under most circumstances, I take brake
problems to a mechanic.  So I did recently and they rebuilt the front discs and master
cylinder because the brakes were "grabbing": The pedal was very high, had very little
play and, it seems, they were "braking the car" without touching the pedal.

So I got the car back and everything is much better.   If I go for a longer drive,
however, simialar problems arise.  [Brakes seem to be applied without touching the pedal,
the pedal is very high and has very little play.]  The problem "builds up" with use, or
so it seems.  I took the car back to the mechanic, but if the car sits for more than 90
minutes, the problem resets itself.  Also, if I make a hard right turn, the problem goes
away (or reduces its severity).

Since the brake hardware is new, is it likely that the flexible brake lines are at fault
(broken internally though okay on the outside)?  It seems like I could replace the
flexible brake lines myself and, with God on my side, refill fluid & bleed the brakes (I
had a beetle and I could never bleed the brakes successfully which is part of the reason
brake troubles go to a mechanic).

Thanks in advance.
jim.

=====
all new and now with genuine meat by-products...
http://www.machobeagle.com