Re: [T3] '67 Squareback original engine question

I've seen these, we are talking about two different things now. I have
the OG keys for two fo my dubs. The key tag is still on the OE keys for
the fasty.
The engine number on the rivited plate thing is when VW (dealer)
replaced an engine, some cases had blank stampings (I've been told)
And the engine number was rivited onto the case. I have no personal
evidence to indicate if this is correct, but they are not the ones that
you get with your keys, much larger, and have an engine number (not necc
the OE engine #, but same letter code)
Al