Re: [T3] Just how hot is too hot?

On 22 Jul 2002, at 23:23, Jacob Hoffman wrote:

> I live in temperate Aloha Oregon (near Portland).  Temps here seldom reach
> 100F, so its pretty hot right now around 90-95.  I know there are people
> that drive these cars in the deserts of California and such, so I shouldn't
> be having any problems, but I am.  My car was running very aweful today,
> wouldn't keep running, hard to start, cannot get off the line, won't rev
> quickly.  Seems to be too much gas for the engine temp.  I know my temp
> sensors test correctly when cold, because I just checked them recently per
> the bentley.

Getting too much gas would make it run cool, not hot, so I'm not sure where
your problem really is.

Start with the basics: Is all your cooling tin there? Are the spark plug air
seals in place? Is the cooling air intake bellows secured at both ends and
intact?

Then how about the timing and valve adjustment? Is the mech. advance
working smoothly?

There is probably more than one thing wrong with this car, so you need to
check out several things. Make sure that the charging system regulating
voltage lets the system voltage get up to 14 or so volts at med RPM and
above.