Re: [T3] general-knowledge question

Olla,

Ok I found this to work with the striped out CV bolts.
Very easy too!! They are the 12 point hex pattern. I
was able to use an allen bolt on most of these but
only doing this being totally inexperienced. you know
one of those trial by error things? ANYway What I
found to work without using a cutoff wheel or a
grinder, I just used those semi-circle washer/spacers
that are under the bolts. Use the famous WD-40 and
soak them over night. Just drench em. Use a pair of
good and not too small Parrot nose plyers (any
hardware sore has them). Then if you can get one of
the two bolts off in the washer semi-cirlce then pry
the washer with a flat head screwdriver pivoting on
the bolt that is still torqued in. This should break
it loose. Then get the proper hardware when
reinstalling. You have to figure out which bolt to
take off first for the counter clockwise rotation of
the washer thing to loosen the bolt. It takes a little
bit to see what I am talking about but this works very
well. Have fun Bro

Oh yeah if you can find something to jar it with like
a hammer and an exstension or something that will help
break the bolt loose too.

Later

=====
Erick the daddy
68 fasty

Is your Type X here? If not send your VW pics to me.
http://community.webshots.com/album/19887209ssBljlIzPh
http://community.webshots.com/album/24709950SAghTTbUHL
http://community.webshots.com/album/41466306gEEGgO