[T3] general-knowledge question

<<  I believe these are usually "Torx" head screws, and need a
 special little tool (more of a star, rather than a hexagon) to
 remove.  Putting the Allen key in one of the Torx bolts will strip
 the bolt head... >>

The manuals seem to agree  - from Bentley: "...12-pointed socket head screws,
don't use a 6-point key, unless you're a moron..."
and from Haynes ".... endeavouring to use a 6-point key, a great amount of
difficulty will be realised, you bloody moron..."

Though, I honestly swear, several other (later-model) ACVW's I've been under
have used standard hex-keyed screws in this assembly - which is all TOTALLY
BESIDE THE POINT.  Whether the socket heads are starred, hexed, or
octodecahedronal, why do they need to be there?  What's the advantage of a
socket-head screw?

--timmy