Re: [T3] Photo's of my Fastback are up...

On 19 Jul 2002, at 18:18, Ben Doughney wrote:

> This is from the 'Volkswagen 1500 Workshop Manual, 1965' (the one in the
> blue folder), in section A-15, page 7, it says:
>
> "If more headroom is desired, a replacement spring core can be fitted. This
> lowers the seat surface by about 25mm (1 in.)."
>
> The part number it gives is 311 881 305 B, but it doesn't give any M code.

I looked this part up in the microfilm and here's all it says:

Spring core, for seat front (see workshop manual A-17[sic])

That's all it says, there is no M-code associated with this, so there would
have been no way to tell what it meant if you hadn't brought it up.

BTW, this spring core fils all the seats up thru mid 72.