Re: [T3] Photo's of my Fastback are up...

--- Jim Adney <jadney@vwtype3.org> wrote:
> Yes, the "little black knobs started in 68, and in
> that same year hi-back
> seats also became standard here. The only cars that
> have the combination
> of lo-backs and the release levers were from
> countries that did not mandate
> the hi-backs.

In the T1 world, the late '67 seats have the knobs,
but yet are still low-backs, (my '67 is like this, and
I had a friend who had another for many years).  I
think this was VW's way of using and testing new
technology as it came about, before they actually had
to, in this case the knobs on the current seat frame
(the low-backs).  Also, they may have tried to use up
old excess stock,(the low-back seat frames), modifing
them accordingly.

Cheers,

John La Francois
Blauvelt, NY 10913
'65 Notch S (Nubb)
'67 Beetle (Bubb), Low-back seats WITH black, back
rest release knobs.
'98 Jetta GL (Wolfgang)