Re: [T3] dialing in my carbs...

on 19/7/2002 3:13 PM, DaveB at davidbritton2@cox.net wrote:

> It seems that not enough gas is being delivered to the carb(s) when you
> first roll on the throttle.  The engine sputters and coughs when taking off
> from the line or when on the road and having either decelerated or leveled
> off the throttle, then opening it slightly. If depress the accelerator
> sufficiently, it will run smoother.  It also gets better as the engine warms
> up.  But at no time is it completely gone.

Double check that the carbs are opening at exactly the same time. I had the
same sort of problem on my Fastback (with stock solexes) and fiddled with
the accelerator jets before I realised they weren't opening together.

I also needed to get the engine up to it's normal operating temp by taking
it for a drive; just letting it idle in the driveway to warm up wasn't
sufficient.

The problems that I was having was the car sort of coughed and generally
sounded like it was about to die when I put the accelerator down quickly,
but it accelerated reasonably smoothly if I did it slowly.

HTH,
Ben Doughney

'75 1200L
'63 1200 - Ringo