Re: [T3] Bumper question

On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 19:11, Mark Fuhriman wrote:
> My 1970 Fastback had earlier bumpers.  No differencess in mounting details
> for rear bumpers on early vs. late that I recall.

Early bumper brackets mounted to the body with 2 bolts that were inline
with each other. The late bumper brackets are mounted with 3 bolts that
are offset from each other.

Check this picture of the difference of the front mounts.
http://classicvw.org/bodypanels/NOS%20vs%20repo1.JPG
There are a bunch of other pictures of bumper mounts in that same
directory.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)