Re: [T3] Window scrapers

Rob wrote:
>>Ok, I mean outers, but these are original and are
revited, has anyone removed originals? Should I just
drill the rivets out then once replaced, use screws.<<

Don't use screws! You'll have clearance problems. Instead, after
removing the scrapers from the doors drill out the old rivets, being
careful not to enlarge the original holes. Then reassemble with new
rubber and re-rivet. Pop rivets didn't work for me because the aluminum
scraper trim and the metal backing strip are relatively soft and the
force of the rivet gun was beginning to distort them too much. Instead,
I found some small aluminum rivets and used a hand rivet set and an
anvil, which gave me much more control. The results look like the
factory original. McMaster would probably be a good online source for
rivets if you cant find the right ones locally.

Scott
62 343, 65 361