Re: [T3] Tiny bubbles...

On 12 Jul 2002, at 1:11, Mike Wodkowski wrote:

> So...I replaced my possibly frozen right front caliper with the one Jim sent me.
> Thought I'd try to swap out the brake hose too to be sure I'd done everything in
> my power, but the union between the hose and the line was frozen stiff and I was
> reluctant to use a torch near all those gas lines.

It's lots easier to replace the hoses when the caliper is off, because that way
you can just let the rubber line and caliper turn until it's free. After that you
can carefully work the steel line nut loose without breaking the steel line. I
usually don't use a torch on these, but it might work well once the rubber line
was off.

You need metric line wrenches (also called flare nut wrenches) for this job.
They look like 6 point box end wrenches which someone has taken a bite
out of, so they will engage more than 2 flats on the hex.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org