[T3] locating a local club?

i live in bakersfield california  and for those of you that dont know its
just north of L.A. about 200mil. , in the valley (the armpit of california!
107'f today it sucks ) anyway if anybody can tell me how i can get ahold of ,
involved in a local Vw club.
i was told that chances are i could get alot of help there and this being my
first car  i need all the help i can get! really.  so if anyone knows of a
club withen 100mil or so or any "persons" thats willing to help.

thanks, dave