[T3] Re: [T3] [T3] Diagnostic help: Loud popping.. .¿valve problems?

On 9 Jul 2002, at 21:58, Keith Park wrote:

> They Peen them in place with a special tool.... there was an article in VWT
> about this a couple years back... I think it was part of the T4 conversion
> thread.

I may have seen this article. Was this the one that showed the curved
staking tool that was used around seats which had a little material removed
on their inner outside corner?

I like the Berg idea of using a special bronze material for seats. It expands
like aluminum, but has wear properties nearly as good as the hardened
steel. OTOH, he did not recommend them for street use, so there must be a
down side to them. Does anyone know any more about this stuff?