Re: [T3] Wont start again, But I'M starting to hate FI

On 10 Jul 2002, at 12:02, Mark McAtee wrote:

> I have read somewhere about installing a toggle switch to the fuel pump
> relay for this problem. Then I noticed that my '69 had a toggle switch
> installed under the dash. When I traced it out, it was inline with the fuel
> pump power.
>
> I have had strange star- up problems such as yours and after I noticed the
> toggle I tried it. When the car won't start I switch to kill the fuel pump
> and it seems to help. Anyone else heard of this?

My 68 had the A brain problem. I learned to start it at times by reaching
under the dash and unplugging the relay connector.

I learned that if the engine didn't start instantly in moderately cold weather, it
would quickly flood. I would always try to start it normally, but if it didn't start
within the first few seconds I would unplug that plug and hold it right there,
ready to plug it back in as soon as the engine coughed to life. You have to
time it just right, but I got really good at it.

Still, the B brain was an even better solution.