Re: [T3] Speaking of PAINT!

<x-charset ISO-8859-1>In a message dated 7/10/02 8:56:08 PM Central Daylight Time,
topnotch@nycap.rr.com writes:

<< Subj:     Re: [T3] Speaking of PAINT!
 Date:  7/10/02 8:56:08 PM Central Daylight Time
 From:  topnotch@nycap.rr.com (Keith Park)
 Sender:    type3@vwtype3.org
 To:    type3@vwtype3.org

 Problem with 3 coats of paint is that the film thickness gets too great and
 it starts cracking everywhere in 3 or 4 years

 Bondo will only crack if you use too much hardner or allow water to get on
 it at any point,,, stuffs like a sponge!

 Keith

 they painted it the wrong color!!! I mean way off
 > and wrong. Take a look and put this foul up down in the books. I was told
 > that 3 times a charm.
 > http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/2789089/1026272667496_green.jpg
 > http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/2789089/1009763941575_front.jpg
 >
 > Still laughing,
 > Jason Weigel

 Reminds me of the time I wanted my Hebmüller painted red and ivory, just
like Bill
Collins'  Heb. The results came out what Bill Collins (of all people)
described as "butterscotch and orange". I could have murdered Don Churchill
for painting the Heb
those awful colors, and I spent my time at the 1998 Classic apologizing for
the car.. But, in the end, I just let it go and eventually sanded the paint
off all parts and started over. We are still repainting, but it's gonna be
the right colors this time. The wheels are already painted the proper colors.
Sorry to say so, but it looks like you are in the same boat, Jason .....

Don Garies
dgaries808@aol.com