[T3] Wont start again, But I'M starting to hate FI

I have read somewhere about installing a toggle switch to the fuel pump
relay for this problem. Then I noticed that my '69 had a toggle switch
installed under the dash. When I traced it out, it was inline with the fuel
pump power.

I have had strange star- up problems such as yours and after I noticed the
toggle I tried it. When the car won't start I switch to kill the fuel pump
and it seems to help. Anyone else heard of this?

-----------Me? starting to hate FI? Strong words yes I know, since I'm a
generally
happy one-year convert but this not starting on hot days is beginning to
seriously piss me off. TWICE today, in the 100 degree heat, the car wouldn't
restart. The first time I had to wait half an hour. The second time - an
hour and a half!!!

The problem is this: starter turns engine over , but there's no ignition.
This has regularly occurred after short slow trips on hot days. It happened
after a mile drive to the Pep Boys for oil filters this morning. Then, later
in the day after I changed my oil, I went to a LAPS (none are F here)
for some brake pads. Same shit.

Once I get the car going again, I can turn off the car and start it up again
right away.

My timing is good, my dwell is set, my trigger contacts have been cleaned
and are operational, my points are new, the starter turns over but the
engine just does not fire. VValves are set to a loose .004 and tight .006 I
can't afford to spend hours of surprise downtime on any given day. I NEED TO
FIX THIS OR DITCH THIS CAR. There I said it. Sorry maybe its the heat. But
this is frustrating me to no end.

I get the two clicks when I turn the car on, one 1.5 secs after the other.
the fuel pump goes ON when I turn the car on, and then of course goes off.

The fuel line appears to be fine and there's no sign of any leaks.

Bentley says "If the engine refuses to start but the pump is operative check
the connection between wire 18 on the ecu and terminal 50 of the starter
twelve volts should be reaching wire 18 while the starter is in operation.
A) How exactly do I do this BY MYSELF? B) How do I get the ECU open? Pull
all those little tabs? I can't remember. How do I check 12V on wire 18? Hook
the red lead of my VOM to 18 and the black to Ground? I know very little
about electricity and if I need to get a technical degree in it to run this
car I'm out. It also says another possibility is a faulty temp sensor. Mine
reads 250 in the heat. No Good. HOWEVER, grounding it did not solve the
problem, so I'm not convinced it IS the problem.  Bentley says the only
other options are the pressure sensor diaphragm unit or a defective pressure
regulator.
How do I test these without the Bosch testing device.

Or maybe this is unrelated...three of my spark plug cooling boots are not in
good shape.

Lost ten pounds in sweat today.

-Mike
--