USA

70 Bus (ex-westy)
73 Square FI

Dallas Air Coolers  - find out more at www.version3.net

----- Original Message -----
From: <Wuzmop@aol.com>
To: <type3@vwtype3.org>
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 1:35 PM
Subject: Re: [T3] 72 fasty update-OE fuel line source?-Cleaning fuel pumps?

> B12 is just carb cleaner. The best is probably to take it to a radiator
shop and have it done. I think everybody has a different way of cleaning the
tanks, but I don't really have the facility to do much. Here is what worked
for me: Remove the tank.

> I used several cans of b12 (not the spray can, but the type you can pour
out). I put some in the tank and swished it around a specific area for a
while and poured it out. I concentrated on a specific corner for example
until it ran clean. It did take some time this way, but I have had no
problems in 3500 miles. Be sure and get the top of the tank too, as rust up
there can loosen up when you fill the tank. Also clean out the fuel sender
as stuff can accumulate inside it. There is one small bolt on the bottom to
get it apart.

> My tank does not look spotless on the inside, but with patience it will
get the loose stuff off and you will be in business.