Re: [T3] Engine/Tranny Project

On 9 Jul 2002, at 10:07, Paul Knox wrote:

> For anyone who is interested, I have posted pictures of my '70 T-3 engine
> and transmission rebuild project.  Pictures included show Type 1 alternator,
> external oil filter, oil temperature switch and oil pre-cooler installations as
> well as a general sprucing up of the engine compartment appearance.

Very pretty! While I probably wouldn't have picked the same colors, it's really
nice to see someone who understands the importance of contrast in visual
appeal. I also like the color-coding thought that went into this, although it's
not clear what the right color for the alternator should be.

I notice that you have the pressure sensor pointed the "wrong" way. Unless
that made the hose work out LOTs better, I'd turn it around. The accel/decel
of the car affects its output, and this effect will be backwards installed this
way. I don't know how big this effect will be, but getting to the connector has
GOT to be pretty tough the way you show it in the photo.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054