Re: [T3] Sophy's New Heart

> > You can't reindex the distributor driveshaft with the
> mechanical fuel pump
> > installed.  Duh-Oh!
>
> Really? I'm trying to imagine how the pump would keep the
> driveshaft from
> coming out, and yet still allow the dist to fit in place. I
> don't see how this
> could be....

Wow!  Talk about once in a lifetime deals, Jim is stumped and I think I know
the answer.  If a mechanical fuel pump is installed, doesn't the pushrod for
the pump sit on the distributor driveshaft?  If the pump is unbolted and the
pushrod removed, you should have no trouble getting the driveshaft out,
John.

Jake Kooser