Re: [T3] I definitely hate FI!

On 7 Jul 2002, at 17:53, jsmith94 wrote:

>     Now, Jim A., this is where our discussion about the head temp sensor
> comes in.  I was under the impression that you could ground the wire that
> comes out of the single connector and by pass the temp sensor.   Is this
> correct.  Keith?

It's just too easy to jump to the conclusion that this has anything to do with
the temp sensor, but I certainly agree that 60 Ohms is way too low. Was
this measured with the wire disconnected? (It should be.)

Is the fuel pump running? Measure the voltage at the output side of the pump
relay; it should be 12-14V anytime the engine is running.

There are just lots of possibilities here, the hard part is narrowing them down.
You can actually go thru all the tests in the Bentley with a VOM and pinpoint
it. This takes time and a second person for a brief time, but it could have
been done already in the time you've spent.