Re: [T3] Tyre Wear and Alignment

<x-charset iso-8859-1>BenD=> are there any parts that could have gone
=> bad to cause the tyre wear that I had?

That seems unlikely.

=> positive camber ...  Is this normal or could
=> something be set wrong in there?

This is definitely misadjustment. If you're reasonably happy with how your
car drives now, you will be amazed at the difference when you get the
alignment right. Camber adjustment is part of that process. Unfortunately
it's the one that's very difficult for mechanics who "know Volkswagens" to
find. I'd suggest you study your Type 3 manual, understand how the ball
joints work, and take it with you to the alignment shop so you can show them
how it's done.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 KG1600