Re: [T3] Whats that Tee fitting??

On 5 Jul 2002, at 8:07, Jason Weigel wrote:

> Its aone year only backflow pressure regulator. The 65 has this added to
> stop fuel from flowing into the carbs, like when parking on a hill. A 65 did
> not have the electro cut offs for some reason nor a 64. I belive it was a
> stop for run on as well.

They are just to keep the cylinders from filling up with gas while sitting. I
didn't realize that they were used so little, but the microfilm says for dual
carb engines up to 1100000, which is the end of 65. I believe there were dual
carb engines in 64 though, also.

I never understood the point of these, unless there was some reason not to
trust the float valves in the carbs, and if those were a problem, what did they
do in 66 (and on all the single carb engines) that made these unnecessary.