Re: [T3] Automatic Rough Shifting

On 5 Jul 2002, at 14:32, jason.smith@sarcom.com wrote:

> but I check the ATF level quite frequently not everytime I take it out but
> almost. And I check it in N running.  It seems to be most pronounced at slower
> speeds.  If I am getting onto the highway or the like it is fairly smooth.  Only
> in slow stop and go neighborhood traffic does it kick me.  I will try replacing
> the Vacuum ahh "Modulator"  that's what its called, when I replace the pan
> gasket.

There is probably no need to replace it. Try adjusting the one you have. 1/2
turn CW should bring the shift point up a bit, and that may be what you need.

If it is bent, it probably won't work right, but you can try straightening it by
hand. If you need to, you can replace it with the sump full, but you'll want to
work quickly.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org