Re: [T3] Wont start again, But I'M starting to hate FI

On 5 Jul 2002, at 11:40, jason.smith@sarcom.com wrote:

> I meant disconnect the temp sensor completely.  Then connect a wire to the
> Single connector that comes out of the loom, then to ground.  This will
> bypass the temp sensor all together.

This is equivalent to a shorted sensor. This brought my 68 to a halt one cold
day.

> Is there a problem with this in earlier years?  I have done it in my 72 and
> 69 without a problem.

I don't know if it changed with the years. In general this would just make the
FI think the engine was really hot, but I don't know how it would react to this
extreme case. It may have stopped my 68 only because the engine was not
really hot, but the fuel was being metered as if it were. This was an A brain.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054