Re: [T3] Wont start again, But I'M starting to hate FI

>> If the CSV was squirting extra gas, while trying to start a warm engine,
there
>> would be too much gas and it would be hard/impossible to start.

>>A) how do you open the brain? By prying those little tabs up?

>>B) I would be interested in getting a working head temp sensor.

>What I find odd is that once I get the engine going again, after even
>another mile drive and turning off the car, I had no problem starting it up
>again.

Mike,
I'm pretty sure that if you need to verify that it is or is not the temp
sensor you can ground the wire that goes to the sensor.  This will allow the
engine to start despite the temperature.  Now this is not a good idea for
the long run.  But if you get the no start condition and you ground the wire
and it starts.... Then the temp sensor is to blame.

Jason Smith
'72 Fastback FI AT
'97 Jetta
http://jasontsmith.tripod.com/vw.htm