Re: [T3] Gearbox input shaft seal

<x-charset iso-8859-1>It's no problem centring the clutch visually with care.  Even a finger can
help feel if
it's central - watch for sharp edges though!  I generally now use a tapering
nose deep socket with a bit of tape wrapped round to get the right
diameter - easy.  If you've an old gearbox to pull apart/cut up, the input
shaft fits perfectly!  ;-)

The input seal I've also found difficult; one tip is to screw in a
self-tapping screw and pull that out with mole grips or whatever.  I've used
a nail with the head hooked behind the seal.  I bet the proper tool is
lovely to use!

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/