Re: [T3] Wont start again, But I'M starting to hate FI

On 4 Jul 2002, at 6:33, Drake wrote:

> Mike, this is the same thing my car was doing, well almost. Most of the
> trips were longer about a 1/2 hour drive or so, but it did refuse to start a
> couple of times on a short trip. I unplugged the cold start injector connection
> and it has not done it once, since that time. (knock on wood)

Mike, this is easy, and worth a try. Even if it isn't the problem, there would
be no reason to reconnect it for months. The CSV is on the right side of the
intake air distributor, under the intake air runners. You can recognize it by
the fuel hose that also leads to it. You'll have to remove the air cleaner and
then just reach in and gently unplug its electrical plug.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054