Re: [T3] Pan drain and small wires in battery compartment.

On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 23:20, Jim Adney wrote:
> On 2 Jul 2002, at 22:08, incynr8 wrote:
>
> > I noticed the 72 fasty drips something from a rubber slotted plug in the
> > pan, near dead center. Checked brake lines tonight, they are silver,
> > either I have a split, with evidence long dried up, or just a toasted
> > MC.
>

> > I noticed three small wires, a ground attached (brown/white stripe to
> > the braid), another brown white loose, and a orange? loose. The positive
> > side got it's two, what do these other small guage wires do?
>
> Where are they? Near the battery? If so, they are part of the long-unused
> dealer computer diagnostic system.
>
> Russ, when did the dealers stop using those? Did the mechanics like them
> or were they just an annoyance?
Those are some leftover computer diagnostic wires. Just leave them
unhooked.
I left the dealers in 1979, and they were still using the one at the
dealer I worked for. They did sell a lot of work for the dealers when
they were working. And they were impressive to the clueless customers.
Remember, this was before the days of the personal computers, and
anything "computerized" was impressive to most people.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)