Re: [T3] Fuel Pump Relay?!?

On 3 Jul 2002, at 8:43, jason.smith@sarcom.com wrote:

> Well not indiscriminately, isn't this just like bridging the connection in
> the engine compartment to make the fuel pump run continually?

Perhaps I was being too harsh. I just wanted to warn people not to think that
they could just go around grounding things without being concerned about
hurting anything. Certainly there are places where you can do this, but it
really helps to understand what you are doing and why.

For example, I prefer to run the fuel pump by just clipping a jumper across
the open pins on the fuel pump relay. This is much easier to reach than the
engine compartment connection and can be done with the ignition off, further
reducing the risk of fire.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org