[T3] Gearbox input shaft seal

The clutch replacement on my 1964 Notch has come to an unforeseen halt
because I can't find my clutch centering tool. I have been looking for
two days now and if I don't find it today, then it would have been
faster to order a new one... :-(

There appears to be a slight leak from the gearbox input shaft seal and
I'm going to replace it. The question is: How do I get the old seal out?
The Bentley shows a strange looking special tool, but is there an
alternative way to remove the seal?

Henrik Larsson, Sweden
1964 and 1968 Notches