Re: [T3] New listee, new T3

I was under the impression that "OG" meant Original German.

Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] New listee, new T3

On 2 Jul 2002, at 7:23, incynr8 wrote:

> OG=Short for original.

Here are the terms I tend to use, and the meanings I associate with each of
them.

OE Original Equipment, refers to parts that actually came on a car, or were
exact replacements sold by VW.

OEM Original Equipment Manufacturer, can refer to the maker of the part,
the subcontractor who made them for VW, or is also often used to refer to a
part made by the same manufacturer who made them for VW but not sold
thru VW. Such parts often are slightly different from OE parts.