Re: [T3] New listee, new T3

On 2 Jul 2002, at 7:23, incynr8 wrote:

> OG=Short for original.

Here are the terms I tend to use, and the meanings I associate with each of
them.

OE Original Equipment, refers to parts that actually came on a car, or were
exact replacements sold by VW.

OEM Original Equipment Manufacturer, can refer to the maker of the part,
the subcontractor who made them for VW, or is also often used to refer to a
part made by the same manufacturer who made them for VW but not sold
thru VW. Such parts often are slightly different from OE parts.

Example: Bosch OE FI parts have BOTH the VW part # and the Bosch part
# on them, while Bosch is the OEM, and Bosch OEM parts have only the
Bosch part # on them.

NOS: New Old Stock, meaning that these are original parts, not
reproductions, which may have been sitting on the shelf somewhere for a
long time, but have not been installed or used in any way.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054