Re: [T3] oil light on at idle

>when I stop at a light or stop sign, and let the car idle, the green oil
light comes on. If I rev the engine slightly it goes
>out. This problem has gotten worse since I changed the oil and replaced the
oil screen. The light used to just flicker
>dimly at idle, now it shines brightly.Should I be worried about this?

Your oil light should not flicker or come on at all, at idle or any other
time, unless there is a problem.  If the oil level is good and you are not
running extremely hot, you may need to check the compression.  I would be
concerned this means your oil pressure is extremely low.

Jason Smith
'72 Fastback FI AT
'97 Jetta
http://jasontsmith.tripod.com/vw.htm <http://jasontsmith.tripod.com/vw.htm>