Re: [T3] New listee, new T3

On 1 Jul 2002, at 14:09, incynr8 wrote:

> Please advice to year specific timing you refer to, I assume this is
> ignition timing. Also, the valve sticker still read .004, does every one
> set at .006 like the upright t1 crowd? Lets hope I get her mooving!

The '72 timing is unique.

VW changed their valve lash recommendation to .006 after your car was
made. You should follow their lead, or do as I do, which is to adjust the
intakes to .004 and the exhausts to .006.

Wow, your sticker's still there. Amazing! Nice purchase.  ;-)

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054