Re: [T3] Carb Syncing

<x-charset ISO-8859-1>> carbs only catch on fire if there is raw fuel exposed.  i would check
> the float level in that carb.  also, are the electromagnetic cut off
> valves working correctly?  with the key in the 'on' position, if you
> touch the power source to the ECOV it should make a click sound.  if it
> does NOT, it isn't working and the car will not idle.

Why would non-functional electromagnetic cut-of valves stop a car idling? My
car is actually missing both of them, and idles extremely well. The purpose
of the cut-off valves is to stop run-on when the engine is switched off,
AFAIK. I suppose one day I should install them in my car too.

Daniel Baum,
'69 Type 34 automatic.