Re: [T3] brakes

Dave Campen,

I had exactly the same problems with my 1969 VW411.
I fitted new brake hoses to the car and, hey presto!, there
was an immediate and almost spectacular improvement
in the car's braking behaviour and performance.

The old hoses were nearly 32 years old.  I cut them open
just to see what they looked like and clearly the interior
wall of the hoses had deteriorated with age, had swollen
internally and just couldn't cope.  I understand that there
would ultimately have been a danger of them splitting and
bursting.  I hate to think of the consequences.

Simon Glen
Toowoomba,  Australia.