Re: [T3] Another oil leak problems

On 29 Jan 2002, at 18:57, Peter Legault wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. What I mean about the dipstick is it only has oil on
> the edge of it. It is over the high mark but only wet on the lower edge if
> you can understand what I mean.  It seems like it pick up oil from within
> the tube on the way out.

The ATF level in an AT should be checked with the engine running and the
AT in N. If this is what you've done, it is low and you should add some. Add
1/4 qt at a time as the dipstick marks are much less than 1 qt apart.

> The gearbox I have not checked ( I was under the impression automatics use
> GL5) from reading these strings. I have got the hex tool for this and will
> check it. The valve cover is dry I have replaced the cork at the last valve
> adjustment. And what vent tube arte you talking about? Cheers

GL-5 is correct for the AT final drive.

Cork???? There should be a hose connected to a nipple on top of the rocker
box. This is part of the crankcase veltilation system. Is this still FI?