Re: [T3] Carb setup direction...

<x-charset iso-8859-1>
Things to look for:
1.  Make sure the vacuum line to your distributor is in good shape - we =
don't want any leaks here.
2.  As Toby said, what is the part # or year of your dizzy?  Certain =
dizzys were paired with certain carbs to match the advance curve of the =
dizzy with the capacity of the carburetor circuits.  From my experience, =
these carbs are very sensitive to the advance curve of the dizzy.
3.  Check the throttle shafts for movement.  There should be ZERO slack.
4.  Make sure the chokes are opening fully.
5.  Check the fuel filter - don't mistake hesitation for fuel =
deprivation.  Sometimes the sudden intake of air needs to be balanced =
with additional fuel, not available until the fuel pump provides =
additional fuel, which of course depends on the RPMs if you're using a =
mechanical pump.
6.  Make sure the accelerator pump on your carb is working properly.  If =
you open the throttle but you're not "priming" the carb with additional =
fuel, this could cause similar symptoms.
6.  Recheck your dwell and your timing.  Make sure the distributor is =
advancing the timing enough upon acceleration and stays steady at idle =
(probably 7.5=B0 BTDC for your car if its a pre-68 T3 1600 DP with =
carbs.  Is it a "T" engine which came with carbs or a converted FI =
engine?)

I would be less concerned about the jets unless you're going to pull the =
carbs again to see what size your main jets are.  Focus on the mechanics =
of your carb first, matched with your ignition of course.

Hope this helps.

Jason
68 Notch (Nadine)

I proudly buy my aircooled parts and service from...
The Bug Stop
www.texasbugstop.com