[T3] '67 Squareback purchased

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I was looking at the local "Auto Trader" magazine on Thursday and lo and
behold, a '67 Squareback for sale in Southern AZ!  Fast forward to Saturday
morning, 3 hours and 200 miles later and I am now the 3rd owner of a 1967
Squareback.

Here are the details:
Pearl White original paint, never hit, a few paint chips
138,000 original miles
Original engine - rebuilt? or at least recent head work
95% complete and original, only front seats have been recovered
Perfect headliner
Cracked dash, of course, around speaker hole
No radio, no antenna - factory antenna block off plate
New master cylinder
Original San Diego, CA area vehicle
Purchased from 2nd owner who found it last year at an estate sale
Rear trunk mat is completely rotted

On the test drive, the front left wheel locked up but I brought a rubber
line with me.  I fixed it on-site along with some other minor things and
cruised home at 65-70 mph.

It needs a little front brake work and some more tuning but it's my new
daily driver.

No photos yet, maybe tonight if I get home before dark.  The Square is NICE.

One funny thing that happened was, as I was fixing the brakes, another Phoenix
Type 3 guy I know called on the ad.  The seller said someone was here (me)
buying it.  The caller said "Is the guy buying it named Everett?"  Hahahaha!
 I think the seller thought I was some sort of big VW person but I told
him it was just a coincidence.

Everett Barnes
everettb@thesamba.com
'63 Squareback