[T3] generator or battery

>The stock charging system
>takes quite a long time to fully recharge a dead
>battery especially at running speeds produced just
>from cruising around town.

I've commuted to work for two weeks, about 20 min. each way.  We
checked the charging voltage tonight, about 12.5 V at idle and up to a
max. about 14.0 at speed.  I tried the same trick of turning on all
the electrical goods, and there seemed to be little effect today
(about 20 deg. warmer).  The battery is P.O. vintage, so at least 4-5
years old.  Barring any other diagnostics from the list, a replacement
seems prudent.

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR