Re: [T3] 1.9 l Porsche in a Square

On 27 Jan 2002, at 15:05, Ken Simons wrote:

> I just scored a Porsch 1.9 l for free! It will turn by
> hand, and I'm sure it will need a re-build. What kind
> hassel would this be to put in my '69 Square? Has any
> body done this? Is it even worth all the hassle? I'm
> sure there would be some sheet metal work
> involved..

Lots of work to do a good install, but it HAS been done.

BTW, I'm assuming you mean a VW type 4 (4 cylinder) engine, as used on
the Porsche 914. In this case, Porsche never made a 1.9L. They made a
1.7, a 1.8, and a 2.0.

In my opinion, there is little reason to go to the type 4 engine unless you're
planning 2.0L or bigger. Keep in mind that type 4 engine parts cost ~4x the
price of type 3 engine parts.