Re:[T3] looking for fuel pump for '69 1600 with carbs

 >Does anybody have a fuel pump in good condition for a '69 T3 with dual 32's?
>I have a T1 pump, and the input/ouput lines face my dizzy.  Its getting kind
>of crowded...

                  .....Just as a note, if you're
looking for a carbureted fuel pump for a 69 model,
you'll have to look in European markets. I'm just
being a pain :-) I'm sure you know perfectly well
that all US model type 3's went to FI in 1968. A
pump for any dual carbed type 3, 1965 (?) to 1967
will work. I purchased a new type 1 fuel pump for
my 67 as well. It was the type that is rebuildable
and the top attatches to the main body with 6 screws.
All I did to get the inlet and outlet to line up, is
remove all the screws and move the whole top plate
two postions. Lined up perfectly. Also, I don't
beleive it's pressure that's different (though i'm
not certain), but volume to accomodate having to fill
two fuel bowls instead of one. Mine seemed to work
fine before I removed the engine.
Marc
1967 Fastback

P.S. There is a new fuel pump on e-Bay to fit a type 3.
Whether it's for single or duals, I don't know. Maybe
ask the seller. Item #600856595. No affiliation..yada,
yada.

Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com