Re: [T3] Speaking of deteriorating floorpans....

My personal jury is still out on the corroless. I'm beginning to think POR
15 is the better way to go.
I think POR 15 might have better converters in it for bit of surface rust
that are hard to see. I very anally went over my pan with a 3M stripper 2
summers ago, and vacuumed and vacuumed and vacuumed and wiped and wiped and
vacuumed and degreased and vacuumed again and then put the corroless down
and within a year rust was emerging from beneath in spot. GRANTED, because
my leaks weren't fixed, I didn't completely finish the pan. BUT,
the amount of rust over the year seemed a bit much for a product that makes
such elaborate claims for itself. Yes, maybe for a sandblasted part the
stuff is great as long as its topcoated immediately, but I would think that
a decent etching primer would result the same way at a fraction of the cost.
This summer I went over the floor again, using the corroless because I still
had a quart. We'll see...
I am self-employed and make no money for the POR-15 people.
Although anyone wishing to send me a check (whether they work for POR 15 or
not) should not feel uncomfortable contacting me.

--
Mike Wodkowski
72 FI SQBK