Re: [T3] rebuilt carbs already bad?...

>Did you find out what the problem was- I guess it was un-fixable?
The problem probably is fixable - in fact, I'll probably have them fixed later before I resell them.  If not, I'll sell them for parts.

>How could you tell that it was 3 & 4 that were missing- stethoscope or
>something? I would really like to find out where my mis is coming from.

I removed my plug wires one at a time.  When I removed #1 and #2, there was a DRASTIC change in RPMs.  But when I removed #3 and #4, there was ZERO change in RPMs.  Its a great way to isolate a cylinder or cylinders.

>anymore where they came from?

yes, the carbs were $150 for the pair.  I didn't want to keep "fussing" with rebuilt carbs since my entire engine is brand new...

--
Jason
68 Notch (Nadine)

I proudly buy my vw parts from